Calendar | Map | myWestern

Financial Aid Home Western Washington University Home

Frequently Asked Questions

Back to FAQ's

I filed my FAFSA and I am awaiting admission to Western Washington University. When do I get my financial aid award?

You must be admitted as a matriculated student to WWU in order for us to process your financial aid application. Once you gain admittance as a matriculated student, our office will begin to process your financial aid award. You may contact the Admissions Office to check on the status of your admission to Western by phone at (360) 650-3440 or by email at: You are ineligible to receive financial aid, including student loans, until you are admitted into a degree seeking program or an approved certificate program.

Open 9am - 4pm Monday - Friday | Old Main 265 | 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225
Western Washington University - Bellingham, Washington| Accessibility Notice