Calendar | Map | myWestern

Financial Aid Home Western Washington University Home

Frequently Asked Questions

Back to FAQ's

What is the FAFSA?

The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students must file a FAFSA to be considered for most types of financial aid. By completing the FAFSA your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is calculated for purposes of awarding need-based financial aid. You can file this form online at Make sure when filing to include Western's school code 003802. Some time afterwards, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor. It contains all of the information you submitted when you filled out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Open 9am - 4pm Monday - Friday | Old Main 265 | 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225
Western Washington University - Bellingham, Washington| Accessibility Notice