Calendar | Map | myWestern

Financial Aid Home Western Washington University Home

Frequently Asked Questions

Back to FAQ's

I want to transfer to WWU, but I do not have a high school diploma or GED. Can I receive financial aid?

Students must have a high school diploma or its equivalent to be eligible for most types of financial aid, including student loans. Completing a two-year program such as an Associate in Arts degree from a community college is considered an equivalent option for establishing the qualification to study at the postsecondary level. Your AA degree credentials that you provide the Admissions office will provide the necessary documentation to for high school diploma equivalency. Please see our Undergraduate Information page for additional equivalency information.

Open 9am - 4pm Monday - Friday | Old Main 265 | 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225
Western Washington University - Bellingham, Washington| Accessibility Notice