Calendar | Map | myWestern

Financial Aid Home Western Washington University Home

Frequently Asked Questions

Back to FAQ's

I am transferring to WWU with college credits; however, I am being asked for my high school transcript. Why?

If you are transferring to Western with fewer than 90 credits that apply to a WWU degree or certificate program, we need to verify that you have a high school diploma or its equivalent.

Federal financial aid regulations require that students demonstrate that they are qualified to study at the postsecondary level. There are several ways to establish the qualification including having a high school diploma, completing homeschooling at the secondary level as defined by state law, or completing a recognized equivalent of a high school diploma. Equivalent options include a general educational development (GED) certificate, an academic transcript of a student who has successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree, or a determination made by the Admissions Office that a student without a diploma excelled in high school.

Open 9am - 4pm Monday - Friday | Old Main 265 | 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225
Western Washington University - Bellingham, Washington| Accessibility Notice