Financial Aid Services Center
Most of the financial aid forms are school year specific. Be sure to select your form from the appropriate school year list.
How to Submit Forms
Option 1: Use the Document Uploader
The document uploader provides students and parents with a secure method of providing documents including those containing personally identifiable information and is the preferred method for submitting documents.
The document uploader can be used on a computer or mobile device. To ensure timely processing of your documents, follow these five easy steps:
- Fill out forms and add student name and Western ID number on any documents submitted. Using the list of requirements in Web4U, complete the required forms and obtain supporting documents.
- Print all forms that require signatures. Sign and date all forms. List the student’s full name and Western ID number on any supporting documents.
- Scan documents and retain copies for record keeping. Scan documents using a desktop scanner or scanner app on your mobile device. Save the electronic documents using a .pdf, .jpg, or .tif file type. Illegible documents cannot be processed.
- Submit your documents using the Document Uploader.
- Open the Document Upload E-Sign form.
- Fill in all relevant information on the form.
- Click the "Add Attachment" button.
- Click "Choose File" to navigate to your document.
- Click "Attach" and verify that your document is displayed in the blue box.
- Click "Done" to return to the Document Upload form.
- Click "Submit."
- Students should monitor requirements and messages in Web4U. Go to the Financial Aid tab, click financial aid status and applicable aid year from the drop down menu and then either student requirements and/or messages.
Documentation status will typically be updated within three business days and will show as here/in review. If the document is incomplete or more information is needed, the status will show as here/incomplete and a message will be in active messages in Web4U.
Option 2: In Person, Via Email, Via Fax, Via Mail
Signed and completed forms can be submitted in person, by mail, fax or electronically via email. Documents must include all required signatures. Forms missing appropriate signatures cannot be processed.
Parent Signature Option: If a parent signature is required, the parent must sign the form in ink.
Student Signature Options: If a student signature is required, then the following options are available to the student:
- Sign the form in ink, or
- Submit the form from the student’s WWU email account (submitting forms electronically from the WWU email account constitutes the student signature).