National Scholarship Month
SCHOLARSHIP TIP CONTEST
We’d love to help more students apply for scholarships. Have YOU ever received a scholarship? Do you want an opportunity to share your best tip? If so, we invite you to submit a short video (approximately 20 seconds) answering one of the following questions:
- Where do you search for scholarships as a college student?
- What is your best scholarship application tip?
- Describe the impact that scholarships have had on your education. Why are you thankful for your scholarship(s)?
Submit your video by November 26 for your chance to be featured on our Facebook and Instagram pages. The creator of the video with the MOST LIKES at the end of November will receive a Crunch Week Survival Kit!
- Eligible video entries must come from currently enrolled Western Washington University students.
- Video entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your video file size MUST be under 20 MB to be emailed to us, so please keep it short or change your camera settings!
- If you have issues with file size, you can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to email@example.com.
- In the subject line indicate the question you are addressing.
- In the body of the email, provide your name and student ID number (W#).
- In the video, please state your first name and the question you are addressing.
- For example, you may say "I'm Jane. I’m a senior at WWU and I found the most scholarship opportunities on thewashboard.org!"
- All videos will be screened, and student status verified. If profanity or other inappropriate or discriminatory language is used, your video will not be featured. Videos with false information or statements deemed incorrect by Scholarship Center staff will not be featured.
- By emailing your video to the Scholarship Center, you are agreeing that the Scholarship Center can feature your video on its social media channels (Facebook and Instagram @wwuscholarshipcenter) along with your first name.
- You will be notified if your video is selected to be featured during the month of November.
- We suggest you turn on post notifications for @wwuscholarshipcenter to see your video and keep up to date on important scholarship opportunities. (Facebook and Instagram)
Take a (short) break from studying and join the Scholar-Ship Scavenger Hunt! We have placed “Scholar-Ships” in more than 20 offices or departments around campus in departments that award or can assist with applying for scholarships. Find at least 10 “Scholar-Ships” and complete this form to be entered into a drawing for the second Crunch Week Survival Kit! Watch our social media (Facebook and Instagram) all month long for location hints.
- Eligible entries must come from currently enrolled Western Washington University students
- Enter the location of at least 10 Scholar-Ships and submit the entry form by November 30 at 11:59pm to be entered to win a Crunch Week Survival Kit!