Unfortunately, in your search for scholarships you need to look out for certain signs of scholarship scams. The Federal Trade Commission cautions students to look for the following tell-tale lines.
Scam Warning Signs
- The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back
- You can't get this information anywhere else
- I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship
- We'll do all the work
- The scholarship will cost some money
- "You've been selected" by a national foundation to receive a scholarship or "You're a finalist" in a contest you never entered.
For more information about scholarship scams, visit the following internet sites: