2017 SEOTY Information
29 Western students were nominated for Western’s ninth annual SEOTY award in 2017. The winner was announced during a recognition reception for all the SEOTY nominees.
On April 14th, 2017 Western student Brooklyn Groves was announced as the Western Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY). Congrats Brooklyn!
For being selected as the Western winner, Brooklyn received a $50 gift certificate and a certificate from Western. Brooklyn was also the winner of Washington State Student Employee of the Year.
Why Brooklyn? Here is a small excerpt about Brooklyn’s performance:
Brooklyn Groves: Program Support Staff 4
Brooklyn consistently works to find innovative ways to improve departmental efficiencies with tangible benefits to Western Students. She saw a need and on her own initiative created two brochures (Dorm Heating Use & Student Room Moisture Mitigation Guides) which are widely used today by over 4,100 students living in residence halls. We leveraged her dual role & communication abilities to address a Birnam Wood Community balcony issue that surfaced this past summer. Her valued feedback regarding community safety concerns also contributed to a complete exterior light replacement effort providing energy efficient LED lighting that has made residents feel much safer. This past year, she also spearheaded a comprehensive audit of all UR Residence Life / other building access credentials. Brooklyn’s “can do” attitude, personal motivation and work ethic are DEFINITELY visible in every aspect of the student experience at Western.
Who else was nominated? Students from a vast array of campus departments were nominated in 2017. This is just one showcase in which the variety of skills and talents Western students bring to campus. Thank you everyone for your contributions to the Western Community!
- Adella Kang Extended Education
- Alex Stone Business Services
- Alex Covington Academic Technology User services
- Alexis Ayala Student Technology Center
- Brooklyn Groves University Residences Facilities
- Cody Sorenson University Dining Services
- Connor Freitas University Honors Program
- Devin Bo Dean of Students-Viking Union
- Elizabeth Reynolds Academic Budget and Administration/Provost Office
- Emily Swortz Woodring College of Education Dean's Office
- Evan Ricks ResTek
- Hannah Mae Pascual Department of Economics
- Hillary DenAdel Registrar's Office
- Jadyn Parsons-Teade Registrar's Office
- Jaydee Schmitd Extended Education-Youth Programs
- Julia Escobar Business Services
- Justin Manipis Campus Recreation Services
- Kaylee Wells University Dining Services
- Lucas Rutledge Music
- Miriam Vance Business Services
- Oliver Amyakar Residence Life
- Penelope Kipps Academic Technology User services
- Roseve Winchell Business Services
- Ryan Scherich University Dining and Catering Services
- Sarah Voth University Dining Services
- Sierra Howard Parking Services
- Tiana Taylor Academic Advising Center
- Tori Engstrom Associated Students/Student Activities
- Trevor Hargrave University Dining Services
National Student Employment Week 2018 TBA.
If you would like to make a contribution to help support National Student Employment Week or the Student Employee of the Year Award program, please contact the Western Washington University Foundation.